Quilted Christmas stockings are a fun DIY holiday sewing project you can whip up in less than a day. This cute combo was made using two patterns, This Is the One block (from Patch and Dot) and Chubby Christmas Stocking (by Ma and Me Designs), plus some Little Deer fabric by Ruby Star Society and Melody Miller.
Here's a little mini tutorial to walk you through the steps to combine this quilt block with the Chubby Stocking pattern. These particular two work perfectly together because of their sizing.
Plan to have about a fat eighth extra fabric on hand for the snowy ground of the "This Is the One" block.
How to make a DIY Quilted Stocking
- Grab your patterns. Both the block and stocking patterns are available as digital printable files, each containing all the templates you need for this project.
- Print the stocking templates. The stocking comes in four sizes; for this project, print the large size, then cut the template out using paper scisscors.
- Print the quilt block, then paper piece, following the number order.
- Create a front panel for your stocking by adding fabric to the bottom and side bottom of the block (where the toe will be), using the the stocking template as a guide for where to pin and sew.
- Sew the stocking according to the Chubby Stocking pattern instructions, using the panel you created above for the front.
p.s. Welcome readers of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine! If you have any questions at all about this pattern or project, please use the contact form and I'll gladly help you out.